If you were Thornton Wilder, what changes would you have made to Our Town?
24 comments:
Anonymous
said...
If I could make any changes anything in the play Our Town the changes would be to not skip ahead in time. I also think the ending was really not with the play because it was sorda of a pop out ending.
If I were Thorton wilder I wouldn't have made any changes to the play. I thought the play was great just the way it is. It was really sad at the end but I think that it is good for a play to have emotion. I wouldn't change anything about the play.
If I were Thornton Wilder the changes I would have made would be to have the ending be a little bit happier. I mean she died and couldn't come back into contact with the people she loved. I would have had her come back to life.
Some changes i would make would probably be at the end when everyone is dead i would of said she died from a disease and giing birth. But the kid is ok and he/she didn't get hurt!
Iwould have gave some of the other actors like simon Stimpson and the Base Ball plyers moe lines and I wouldn't have more than conversation going on at once.
If I was Thorton Wilder, I would have made some changes. I would have made it more exciting and interesting. At the end, instead of skipping to her death, I would have went to how Emily and George's marriage went and if they had a baby.
I think it was weird that it is back in time and that it skips around. Sometimes you will lose your part in the story and it gets confusing. This is what I think we should change in this story.
The changes I would make is in the ending I would write more becuse it just stoped.I think he should have wrote a little more about what had happened and what will.
If I were Thornton Wilder I would have set it up the way he set it up. I didn't care for the play but I liked the way it was set up. I like the way he sat on stage and told his audiance the story, I thought that was different but i liked it.
Thorton Wildler did a great job on the play. If i was him what changes would i make? Well i wouldn't make any huge changes.Just at the end of the third act i thought maybe he could've had a little more interaction with the characters like talking before everyone all of a sudden died.No more skipping ahead so long.
Some things that they could of change was props and scenary. Some other things in the play was skipping and telling about the future. But it was pretty good but i have read better.
If I could make changes to the play, I would add more props in instead of just using chairs and things. Also, I wouldn't have skipped ahead for so long because I kind of wanted to know what went on when it skipped ahead.I still don't know what he was thinking when he was writing the play because it is a very unusual play.
If I was Thorton Wilder I would change the play so that it seemed like anormal town what im saying is I would make the play so that it focused on everybodys life and not just eight people so that the audience would know that the play was about our town not just aboute a few of the characters lifes.
This is my tenth year teaching at WLHS. I graduated from Illinois College in Jacksonville, IL, and am wrapping up an MA degree from Western Illinois University.
Here at WLHS, I teach English I, Advanced English IV, English Plus, and Publications courses. I also advise the yearbook staff.
24 comments:
If I could make any changes anything in the play Our Town the changes would be to not skip ahead in time. I also think the ending was really not with the play because it was sorda of a pop out ending.
I would make it more interesting so more people would come and watch the play. I didn't understand how he made up the end of the play.
I would have had more scenery. People might have thought that the play was boring since it dosen't have scenery.
If I were Thorton wilder I wouldn't have made any changes to the play. I thought the play was great just the way it is. It was really sad at the end but I think that it is good for a play to have emotion. I wouldn't change anything about the play.
If I were Thornton Wilder the changes I would have made would be to have the ending be a little bit happier. I mean she died and couldn't come back into contact with the people she loved. I would have had her come back to life.
I would change the idea of not having any props or scenery in the play. I also didn't like how they skipped a head in between acts.
Some changes i would make would probably be at the end when everyone is dead i would of said she died from a disease and giing birth. But the kid is ok and he/she didn't get hurt!
Iwould have gave some of the other actors like simon Stimpson and the Base Ball plyers moe lines and I wouldn't have more than conversation going on at once.
If I was Thorton Wilder, I would have made some changes. I would have made it more exciting and interesting. At the end, instead of skipping to her death, I would have went to how Emily and George's marriage went and if they had a baby.
I think it was weird that it is back in time and that it skips around. Sometimes you will lose your part in the story and it gets confusing. This is what I think we should change in this story.
If I could make any changes in the play, I would make the play longer. I also would describe the characters a little better and say more about them.
The changes I would make is in the ending I would write more becuse it just stoped.I think he should have wrote a little more about what had happened and what will.
If I were Thornton Wilder I would have set it up the way he set it up. I didn't care for the play but I liked the way it was set up. I like the way he sat on stage and told his audiance the story, I thought that was different but i liked it.
Thorton Wildler did a great job on the play. If i was him what changes would i make? Well i wouldn't make any huge changes.Just at the end of the third act i thought maybe he could've had a little more interaction with the characters like talking before everyone all of a sudden died.No more skipping ahead so long.
I agree with Cheyenne. I think that they shouldn't have skipped ahead in the play because it left a big gap in between stages of their life.
I would chang the ending because everyone was so happy.Then they skiped ahead and almost everyone is dead.They went from happy to sad.
Some things that they could of change was props and scenary. Some other things in the play was skipping and telling about the future. But it was pretty good but i have read better.
If I could make changes to the play, I would add more props in instead of just using chairs and things. Also, I wouldn't have skipped ahead for so long because I kind of wanted to know what went on when it skipped ahead.I still don't know what he was thinking when he was writing the play because it is a very unusual play.
If I was Thorton Wilder I would change the play so that it seemed like anormal town what im saying is I would make the play so that it focused on everybodys life and not just eight people so that the audience would know that the play was about our town not just aboute a few of the characters lifes.
idk i thought the play was fine the way it was so i dont think there is any thing that needs to be changed.
I agree with mason because he sees it like i do.
The play was depressing! i felt like cring!Some plays are ment to be sad but not depressing.
I would make everything different. I didnt like the play.
this is my comment
Post a Comment